Monday, January 14, 2013

mucha música Monday: NORTEC

Nortec [Bostich]: Polaris
I may have been less than a handful of times in a Target in the last decade, but I love this commercial because NORTEC scores the score, so to speak. So proud. I love NORTEC


Nortec is the sound of Tijuana.
When Pepe+Ramon travel around the world, they bring Tijuana with them.

It is a mix of awesome and badass beats.
I've previously posted a number of fotos from a few concerts in the last few years.
They were also part of 2012 Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations "Baja" episode.
*If you are unfamiliar, this 3-minute video sums it up the best (it can't be embedded, but highly recommended): BBC First person: What is the sound of Nortec

One of NORTEC's biggest audience performances to date, has been in the inauguration of the 2011 Pan-American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico:


Anyways.
Tijuana makes me happy.
xxom

2 comments:

  1. Tijuana makes me happy, too!
    Feliz año, Meli!

    Abrazos desde acá.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. igualmente bella, y xq este año sea fenomenal -- saludottes!!

      Delete

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×