Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pink October

cute changuitos
/Fillmore street 2012

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and to participate I'll wear my pink jacket more often for the remaining of this month. I have not worn pink in quite sometime and I think it is time to reach into my closet for my favorite pink piece of clothing.

pretty in pink
Ft. Mason /July 2008
pink green.
Amanda's power legs, Panhandle /November 2009
it is not easy being pink
North Beach /September 2010


The pink corduroy jacket 
Yes, it is as awesome in real life as it sounds. I've had it for quite some time and it represents almost a decade of a growth that feels like centuries in which I have endured life's extreme ups and downs and continue to gain so much perspective.
Sidestepping in Japantown
/ Japantown, Dec. 2010

During the last quarter of the year I often look for this jacket to bring back a forgotten spark, to remember young love, forget adult challenges and get back to explorer mode whether that is getting back to drawing typefaces entirely by hand, finding a new coffee spot or revisiting a memory lane full of endless sunsets in the Sea of Cortez.
xxom

---
/More October Pink around the web:
+ Recently Flickr's blog posted a few pink October images along other participating organisations here: Pink photos for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
You can even turn any picture with a total pink tone here: LunaPic
HuffingtopPost: Pink pumpkins
Eliazabeth Hurley has been the face of the Estee Lauder Cos.' breast-cancer awareness and fundraising efforts for 18 years and still gets dressed in pink each October. Read more here: sfgate
+ Film photography via I Shoot Film blog: Pink October
USAtoday: Hot (pink) debate: Michelle, Ann both wear fuschia

1 comment:

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×