Friday, May 28, 2010

With love from the NOPAlands: Mural in progress.

in progress
Could not resist having the Frenchie pose for a photo in front of the colorful (already!) mural on Fell & Scott street. I first learned about it via Pagelands finest, the calitexican - then I read all the details here: Mural in progress via BikeNOPA
This made me smile. I'm not sure I would have paid much attention to what was there before, as that area, personally, is highly stressful. I'm pretty slow as is, so there are a myriad of cyclists passing me very fast when I ride past this corner, and the traffic I just keep a very close eye to. It is a plate full of chaotic stress and it is nice to see the progress of a happy mural *ponytail* included.
♥I liked that the most.
in progress

6 comments:

  1. Hey, this just in! Coffee and Bicycles, :

    http://gizmodo.com/5550516/kickstand-coffee-the-best-coffee-youve-ever-had-served-off-of-the-back-of-a-bicycle

    Hot brewed or cold, two rickshaws make an entire coffee bar. 3 guys had the idea, made it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colors. I'd like to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sig/ :D

    tinker/ woaaa - thanks for the link, will def. repost soon! have you seen RIE over in japan?! totally awesome

    rat trap/ oh for sure - i'll post some pics and everything

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous mural! The colors are awesome already - hope you'll take more pictures to update us as it gets finished. Good for you for riding slowly and enjoying the beautiful artwork and all the beauty/funkiness of everyday life- your blog is a real inspiration and I really love reading it. Ride on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Sophie W!!
    thanks so much for stopping by and for such nice comments and Im very happy to hear that <3
    I'll certainly post more pictures as this progresses, it is a make-you feel good corner, the colors just explode of positive vibes at you (mind you the traffic is CRAZY fast on that street...)
    xxo.m

    ReplyDelete

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×